Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Speculaas








Prepared four sets of speculaas (pumpkin pie spice) for the ladies of the Thursday workshop. I prepared my speculaas mix with eight different spices :

Anise
Cardamom
Cinnamon
Cloves
Coriander
Ginger
Nutmeg
White Pepper

I also printed out a recipe each of the speculaas cookies which are also known as "windmill cookies" and attached them to the mixes.

Tomorrow is IKEA day ... My very first one ... We shall be driving three hours to get there. Look around, buy loads of stuff that we may need and we will probably not need at all, have lunch, do a bit of more shoping and head back. We shall be four and indeed an interesting quad. I only know the German lady (Helga) who organized it, then there is a Turkish gentleman and an Austrian lady, all Helga's friend but none knows me and each other. I shall be driving :)

And here is the progress of my recent hand-weaving!






No comments: