Friday, February 27, 2015

Next project is to complete the Mexican Lace scarf which was also started last year. Unfortunately, the powder pink yarn did not make it again for the second time. The first project was a complex one that I had designed myself but unraveled when it was about to finish when I found a loose stitch on one of the sides :(

Before I forget, this was also started some time in August last year and finally got completed a couple weeks ago; happily residing in one of the drawers :) The yarn is organic cotton (color 41115 - Susan) and I very much enjoyed knitting it.

It is a difficult color to capture with the camera. The photos above are very close. It is like DMC 500. The picture below is to show the stitch pattern (double moss), does not reflect the right color. Neckline is crab stitch (crochet).

Update October 2015 ... The neckline is a beautiful crochet technique but not suitable for this sweater. I decided to change and am happier now :) 

Another project from early 2014 happily completed ... The yarn is from Lorna's Laces ... Shepherd Sock Hand-dyed yarn ~ Baltic Sea.

[ Sock pattern is by me ]

Earlier photoes can be seen HERE and HERE :) 

Another achievement this year is the free beret pattern that I found to knit for mom. It turned out real nice and I ended up knitting three in different colors; ecru for mom, blue for a dear friend and beige for me. The detail (leaf) is not part of the pattern. I wanted something for the dangling cast-on tail behind. Turned out real nice. It could either be left behind as originally planned or used at the side.

The leaf is from Epstein's Knitted Embellishments book.

Almost four years ... Hibernating ... And reborn this year for a good cause. This spontaneous piece, a "heavy shawl" received a generous donation for the "disabled animals" by a wonderful lady when I announced that it will be given away for whoever may grant the highest bid.

And when I needed to take photos for the announcement, the only person around was the visiting shepherd :)

Here are some old photos when I had first started knitting it back in 2011 ... Click HERE ... HERE and HERE. Below is the final result.