This is what I did ... I made 1.5 cm wide strip patches with the cotton fabrics available at home. I had the idea to weave them as I had seen Jude do; and to do so, I realized I needed a styrofoam to be able to pin them so they do not make life hell by moving around. All I could find was a thin sponge which also did the job.
Then I removed the strips one at a time from the sponge while pinning (I hope I am using the right terminology) the coinciding pieces.
The reverse :)
This is what I achieved so far and it is already passed 5 p.m. my time (that is GMT +2). I intend to continue and sew the woven patches and I want to use a variegated thread from my stash if I could find one that matches the fabrics' colours :) Hasta luego!
A little after 7 p.m. ... Managed to finish it today ... Used silk thread ... Yellow. The patch of patches is roughly a 14 cm square once the extras are cut off. I must confess I enjoyed this. However, my middle finger is not very happy. I tried using a thimble but spent most of my time chasing it. Could not possibly keep it on my finger. Instead, managed to give a different angle to my needle and that helped :) And my sweet little entrelac patchwork will eventually find its niche in life! I love the primitive look of it. Looks like the child's first drawing :)
Most probably "to be continued" ...